Monday, October 16, 2023

Lowlights on Katie and Mom

Need ----------

10-10-23

"Inspired by nature" Permanent hair dye, Chestnut Brown, 5 N
Gloves
A spatula to wipe the hair dye on the hair
20 Aluminum foil sections
A thin comb (or wooden skewers- they didnt work that well, started splintering, just get a good comb) to separate the hair sections from the natural hair to the lowlight hair sections


First, Katie likes to separate the front hair pieces called "money pieces" and braid (keep them natural color), keep separate from the back section, where the hair dye will go in.


Girl Get GlamorousInteresting posts on how this girl combines different levels of hair dye to get varied different types of red results she wants, 

For example- 6-8 drops of 7G1 oz 8RG2 oz 8G6 oz of Level 20 developer


10/29/23 
I used Clairol 5W Medium Mocha Brown and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT!!!  Brownish redish.
Im VERY happy with the results. I bought the dye at BDO in Ogden for $4

NEXT TIME- Use a new highlighting cap every time, b/c this time we used a cap that had holes in it from a previous highlighting endeavor and I got some dark dye that leaked on to my scalp and hair in random areas.

Took 44 min to pull hair through the hair dye cap (with lily and chloe helping to pull it through)
Took about 45 min to process dye on hair, i painted on the front of my face framing area first, so it was the area that would be the darkest and did the roots last.

Interesting note, My left side of head has thinner hair and not as much hair.

I only rinsed out the hair dye and put only conditioner in it and didnt shampoo it out, didnt wash it  till 2 days after and I bought Color Safe Shampoo. I deep conditioned my hair by first washing with shampoo, then putting a deep conditioner on and a bag on my head and put the blow dyer inside the bag for  10-15 min. My curls were much more pronounced and beautiful, 
then I tied the bag on my head for 30 min more minutes and just let my hair sit in conditioner, my hair was so wonderfully soft and silky and totally was positively impacted. Then after the 30 min I rinsed out the deep conditioner and let dry. 


This time we just put hair dye through the front and sides and top half of the back side of my hair but 
NEXT TIME put hair dye all the way through my whole head, the bottom back of my hair is light brown blondish and it  would've looked even better if i had more darkness in the back bottom half

No comments:

Post a Comment