Friday, December 4, 2015

chicken pot pie

2 refrigerator pie crusts (or from scratch Food Network)
2 c cooked chicken (I had a whole chicken I roasted and used the leftover broth and chicken as the base of this pot pie)
1 chopped sauteed onion
2 sliced carrots (diagonal slice if you want the carrots to look a little different)
1 c peas
2 c broth from the chicken (whisk 1/4-1/2c of flour to thicken, b/c it is so flavorful I don't need to add any seasonings)
Can do potatoes, chopped celery or corn. ( I sometimes do too many ingredients, so I thought I'd simplify this time).

Spray the circle pan you are putting the pot pie in, put down first later of crust.

Warm up the broth and add flour to thicken and any seasonings you want (salt, pepper, garlic, boullion, basil/oregano). Then add onions, carrots, chicken and peas. When the chicken mixture is warmed then put in circle pan. Then top with the last pie crust. Cut slits in top.

Preheat oven to 425°, 35-40min.  Let sit 15min

FREEZE- Great idea to make 2 chicken pot pie's and freeze one assembled but unbaked for a later date. About freezing- Taste of home


No comments:

Post a Comment