Monday, November 16, 2015

Chicken Noodle Soup

Boil chicken carcass for a few hours with extra water or  I use the pressure cooker and cover the carcass with water for 1-2hours.  Reserve the broth and freeze in small ziplock baggies use for soup.  I do boil the carcass one more time, fill the pot with water to the height of the carcass and cover and pressure cook 1-2 hours.

I like to make a big batch of soup and freeze some in smaller quanities to pull out when my child or friend/neighbor isn't feeling well.

Chicken noodle Soup

Saute 1 chopped onion
chopped celery (5-7 individual stalk stems)
sliced carrots
3 bay leaves
5 garlic cloves
1 T oregano and basil
3 c broth from chicken/turkey carcass
3 c water
any uncooked wide egg noodles or my favorites are Essenhaus wide homestyle noodles

Saute onion first. After it is brown add everything to the pot and let it cook for at least 20 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment