Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Rainbow Stir-fry

Original Recipe

I made this up for dinner the other night with a bunch of veggies that were in my fridge. I mixed in a few spices and served over wild and brown rice and walla - you have a wonderful healthy dinner. I LOVE when food is colorful there is something so wholesome about it. This stir-fry ended up so colorful that I had to name in rainbow stir-fry :)!

Recipe For 4
1/8 Cup Olive oil
1/4 Red Onion
2-3 Garlic Cloves
1 Cup Broccoli
4 Carrots - sliced in long strips
1/4 Purple Cabbage
1 cup Coleslaw
2-3 Zucchini - peeled and sliced in long strips
1 red pepper - sliced in long strips
1 1/2 tsp - Curry
1 tsp Turmeric
1 1/2 tsp - Ginger
1 1/2 tsp - salt
1/4 Cup ABC Sweet Soy Sauce (Kecap Manis)
Optional -3 chicken breasts grilled

Saute onions and garlic. Add in broccoli and carrots, cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add in pepper, coleslaw, cabbage, zucchini, chicken, spices, and soy sauce. Cook for another 3-4 minutes. Depending on how crunchy you like your veggies you can cook for a few more minutes. I like mine with a bit of crunch.

Serve over rice, noodles, or wrapped in tortilla, top with cashews and enjoy!
I would love to hear any variations you add to this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment