Thursday, February 11, 2016

Hair and Apple Cider Vinegar and Baking soda

SHAMPOOING    From MindBody

In a bowl or cup combine- Baking Soda wash
1-2T baking soda
1/4c water

Pour on hair and mostly work it into the whole scalp.  It feels a little sandy , slightly abrasive, and weird.  But also good, b/c it is scraping off the dead skin. Not what your used to with the foaming action of shampoo.



CONDITIONING    from- Coconuts

ACV hair rinse and condition
In a bowl or cup combine-
2-4 tbsp raw, unfiltered apple cider vinegar
16 oz water
Add a 7 drops of lavender essential oil 

I poured this on my head and my hair actually felt more tangily and stringy in the shower.  I thought this isn't gona work for me. I let it sit for 1-2min, then rinsed it out. I wrapped my head in a towel and got dressed.  Then my kids came home and started the do the school ritual (papers, books, teachers dirty looks).  After 10min or so with my hair in the towel and the whirl wind of kid-ness calmed down, I took the towel off and brushed through my hair.  There definitely were some tangles but were brushed away.  My hair does feel clean and surprisingly soft.  I'm impressed.

Details-
Apparently ACV- exfoliates the scalp and hair, removal of dead skin cells and build up that can occur from sweat and/or conventional hair products. This improves the appearance of the hair, reduces itchiness, and allows for better styling.
Apple cider vinegar can bring relief because of its anti-viral, anti-fungal, and anti-bacterial properties. In addition to being antimicrobial – apple cider vinegar is also anti-inflammatory, which can counteract the skin inflammation that typically occurs with dandruff and a dry, flaky scalp.

No comments:

Post a Comment