Thursday, April 14, 2016

Bulk chicken

Two ways to prepare bulk chicken-

1. From Marci Barker I cooked about 6 chicken breasts at the same time with 2 different types of store bought chicken seasonings, olive oil, and if desired lemon juice.  Heat oven 350.  Pour lemon juice and oil on breasts then add the seasonings to both sides.  Cook 20 min, check them and then flip, cook 5-10 more min.  Wait for chicken to cool down.  Cut the chicken in different ways- Cube one chicken breast, next one slice, and next one shred.  Put chicken in separate quart bags and each chicken can be  used in a different recipe depending on how it was cut and seasoned. Fajitas, soups, chilis, over pasta

2. I bought a few pounds of  boneless/skinless chicken (thighs, drumsticks, even a whole chicken could work too) and separated the chicken into 1 quart (could use gallon) baggies. In each bag I put a different sauce that was in my fridge (teriyaki, Caesar dressing, premade marinade, italian dressing).
Then label each bag. then freeze.

Defrost chicken, either roast for 20 minutes around 450 degrees or grill or cut up breasts and saute on stove top.

Then on my monthly dinner recipe calendar I write down each marinade baggy so I'll use each one in a timely manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment