Monday, December 8, 2014

White Bean Chili

White Bean Chili, click here for Original Recipe

Precooked chicken or beef
saute onion (for 20 min on low) and garlic
3 stalks of chopped celery
1 can of tomatoes
2 c garbonzo beans (or small white beans)
I had frozen leftover Costa Vida salad Dressing  I put in place of chilies and tomatillos
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander seed
  • 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
  • salt and pepper
  • chopped spinach  and Corn 
  • (add the last 5 min)
Saute onion and garlic in pan.  Add everything else to crockpot.  Could be frozen

4/14/15 one time I made it with ground beef and I loved how it turned out.  the contrast between the white beans and the dark meat was great.  I also added chopped spinach which added great nutrition and contrast.

Serve with shredded cheese, chopped tomatoes, avocado and tortilla chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment